Thursday, January 04, 2007

one year wiser

I chose to step away from my blog for the year of 2006, as an experiment to see what would happen if every clever idea I had didn't immediately spill out onto the page, and instead had the opportunity to fester and mix together, spawning entirely new thoughts for me.

(Okay, a lot of that silence was also caused by my sense of revulsion at the huge financial expense I'd made on the 4=2 books, and the sheer disinterest I encountered in the declared Storytellers in the online forum of 4=2 gaming. So I ran quiet for a while, and re-evaluated what I was doing with myself online.)

Then, late in December of 2006, three simultaneous things came together. First, the long-awaited release of Wild Talents (for which I was a playtester) was finally published. Second, a nine page adaptation kit for the "giant fighting robot pilot" genre of anime was released for WT, by the game's publisher (google for "arcdream" & "ORE Mecha" if you care). Third, an ex-girlfriend informed me that a new trailer had been made for the upcoming live-action "Transformers" film, and unlike the one included in the 20th anniversary DVD of the original animated film, this one actually shows us giant robots.

This all began swirling together in my mind, and I began imagining a game. Set in the continuity of the 2007 film, and with characters of my own imagining. And this... vaporous notion inspired me. To share my thoughts with the world again.

I type these words on January 4th, 2007. Six months to the day before the (scheduled) release of the new TF film. And today, I rejoin the conversation.


Be seeing you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home